We also explain how we recognise your legal rights, including your right to a copy of your personal data as set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from this policy at any time.
How we obtain your personal data
We may collect and process the following data about you (which may include personal data and/or sensitive personal data):
- Information you provide by filling in forms on the Website. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem via our website
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
- Details of your visits to our site including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data
- Your name, company name, telephone number, email address and password. We may need this information in order to provide you with access to the website and to ensure we can identify you
How we use your personal data
Information that you or a third party provide to us about you) which may include personal data and/or sensitive personal data) will be used only for the following purposes (and subject to any preferences you have notified us of):
- By requesting a quote, you consent to your data being shared with our insurance providers. These businesses will not use your personal information except to provide services via us. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- We may retain and disclose your personal data in order to comply with any statutory, legal or regulatory obligations. We are required to report details of any suspicious transactions to the National Crime Agency and may need to forward information including personal data to them or related organisations. Similarly, we may also need to disclose information about our customers, including personal data, to certain bodies who have statutory powers, for example, the Department of Work and Pensions
- We may share your personal data with carefully selected companies for marketing purposes. We or they may contact you by mail, telephone, email or other electronic messaging service with offers of products, services and information which may be of interest to you. By providing us with your contact details you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes.
Please contact us if you do not wish to receive marketing information from us or carefully selected companies.
We intend to continue improving the content and function of our Website. For this reason, we may monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us improve the design and layout of our site and provide content of interest to you.
Keeping your information safe
Keeping your personal data secure
Your legal rights
We are committed to delivering the rights that the Data protection Act 1998 provides to individuals. Amongst these is the right to access personal data (Data Subject Access Request) that we hold about you. If you decide to exercise this right we will send you an application form so that you can assist us to locate all of the information that we hold. We will also request a fee in accordance with the Act.
When we have received the completed form and the fee we will provide the information that meets the criteria specified in the Data Protection Act within 40 days. We may monitor or record telephone conversation to enhance your security and ours, to enable us to handle complaints efficiently, improve our customer service and for staff training purposes. Other information you should note is that if our business (or any part of it) is sold or transferred at any time, the information we hold may form part of the assets transferred although will still only be used in accordance with this policy.
If your personal details change, if you change your mind about any of your marketing or other preferences, you wish to receive further information on how we use your information or have any queries, please let us know by contacting us.DPI Insurance
25 Knowsley Street
Tel: 0161 763 5277
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWe are registered with Data Protection Commissioner and our registration number is ZA039392.